Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mud Hens serve as a good omen

So this weekend I (Jon) visited my sister with my grandma, we took a tour of Toledo today, where I saw tons of places I can't wait to go to. Then, at seven in the evening we went to a Mud Hens game (Toledo's AAA Baseball team) The first three innings were depressing, I though I was back in Cleveland (The score was 5 to 0) Then we get a home run (5 to 1) then a base hit, then another home run (5 to 3) then we get a base hit, then ANOTHER home run (tied at 5), then we go scoreless till the seventh inning, where it become 8 to 10 (we're up by two[mostly due to a hit that was should have been a grand-slam but was robbed by a wall...]) top of the ninth inning they tied it up so it was 10 to 10, then in the bottom of the ninth, with one out, yep you guessed it-HOME RUN!! We win the game 10 to 11 and defeated the Buffalo Bison (affiliates of the New York Mets [we were affiliates of the Detroit Tigers]). An amazing game and a great way to start my soon to be college life. (12 days [that's a mere 286 hours] till move-in)

No comments:

Post a Comment